SUPER ETCH PRIMER GREY 4L
Single pack epoxy etch primer with exceptional adhesion, fast drying time and sandable after a very short period of drying
1 X 4L GREY SUPER ETCH PRIMER
- Exceptional adhesion to all common metals.
- Rapid drying.
- Fast sanding –may be sanded from 15 minutes after application depending on film build, application and
- drying conditions.
- Excellent corrosion resistance.
- May be left without topcoat for up to 3 months.
- Gloss Level - Satin
May be used as a conventional primer of normal film build or as a high adhesion etch primer when thinned and applied as a fine mist coat.
May be over coated with nearly all paint systems eg. Quick Dry Enamel, QD601 Super Enamel, Auto Enamel, Acrylic Lacquer, Rust Not, Nitrocellulose Lacquers, Epoxies, Polyurethane, Epoxy Enamels, Acrylic- Urethanes, 2 Pack Iso Free Acrylic Finish.
May be thinned with up to 50% Superglow multipurpose thinners.
For normal film build when used as a Primer, thin 10-20% with Superglow.
For a mist coat when used as a conventional Etch Primer, thin 40-50% with Superglow.
1. Stir thoroughly before and during use.
2. When used as a conventional primer, thin with up to 25% Superglow and spray one-two double coats. Flat with Abrasive Pads or Sandpaper (400 grit paper or finer) before top coating.
3. When used as an etch primer, thin with 40-50% Superglow and spray one light mist coat. Do not sand. May be overcoated with primers such as Acrylic Primer Surfacer or Enamel Primer Surfacer which can then be sanded to a smooth surface prior to application of top coat.
4. May be applied by brush to small areas only.
Caution: Super etch primer is designed for excellent adhesion to bare metals. It may adversely effect some paint films when it is applied over them eg. some enamels.
Take care when doing touch ups, spot repairs or repaints. Suitable over automotive acrylics, N.C. lacquers, 2 pack epoxy, 2 pack automotive acrylic-urethanes. Not suitable over QD Enamel or Auto Enamel. Do not use under Polyester Spray Putty or polyester body filler. If in doubt test on a small inconspicuous area.
Recommended Film Thickness: - Approximately 20-25 microns dry film as a conventional primer. - Approx. 6-12 micron as an etch primer.
Drying Time : at approx. 20.
Touch Dry- 5 minutes
Dry to handle - 15 minutes
Sanding - may be sanded from 15 minutes after application depending on film build, application and drying conditions.
Recoat - 1 hour